- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 cup shredded carrots (see note below)
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/8 cup water (you may need to add an additional 1/8 cup water)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mash the ripe banana in a small bowl.
- Grate the carrots, and mix with the banana.
- Then pour in the applesauce and water.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and oats.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the carrot mixture.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Knead the dough in the bowl with your hands.
- Fold out onto a floured surface and continue to knead until a dough has formed.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut out into 3 inch pieces (I used a carrot shaped cookie cutter).
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place the cut-outs on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let them cool completely on a wire rack.
Yield - Using a 3 inch cookie cutter, you'll get 24 biscuits.